700C/622mm wheels

Onko mielessäsi nojapyöriin tai nojapyöräilyyn liittyvä kysymys? Haluatko kertoa kokemuksistasi? Kirjoita tänne ja saat varmasti vastauksia.
David

700C/622mm wheels

Viesti Kirjoittaja David »

Hei Kaikki,

I'll be leaving in just under 8.5 hours for Finland from Brisbane, Australia, arriving on Sunday morning ... I am bringing my Bacchetta Corsa with me, except the wheels.
Would Biltema wheels be OK (13/14 Biltema kuvasto hinta etu 34,90 and taka 39,90) for the 4 weeks I need them or would you recommend I buy a better pair from a bike shop? (I would most likely leave them for use sometime in the future. Date/year unknown)

I'd like to get the bike going on Sunday or perhaps Monday.

I'll be staying with my in-laws in Espoo 02200.
How much are an average set of 700C wheels? I am no racer, so average quality will be fine.
I have the 9 speed cassette and quick-release axles, tyres and tubes with me.

Thanks/Kiitos,
David

jooseha
Pistosuojattu sisällöntuottaja

Re: 700C/622mm wheels

Viesti Kirjoittaja jooseha »

Biltema's wheels are normal cheap wheels. Works fine for touring.

PW
KOM

Viesti Kirjoittaja PW »

We have recumbent meeting in Helsinki 3.-5.7. if you like to enjoy company of other recumbentriders http://www.nojapyorafoorumi.fi/viewtopi ... =23&t=3992

Petri

Nojapyöräfoorumi toimii hyvin, aina saa vastauksen vaikkei kysyiskään mitään.

Wacky

Viesti Kirjoittaja Wacky »

Bike shops will tend to sell an entry level wheelset for around 150€, so the Biltema set is cheap. I've not had trouble with the couple I've got from there.

David

Biltema wheels sound ok then for the money. I really should go to bed. I have to get up in 3.5 hours.
I will try and visit the recumbent group in Helsinki. Not sure which date yet.

David

Hi again.
I was out riding this morning and passed a 'bent rider on a mid-racer (or a low-racer perhaps) near the Nokia/Microsoft buildings near Hanasaari here: https://goo.gl/maps/oiEZ1 at about 9.05 am.
I was heading West, he was heading East to Helsinki and gave the "thumbs up"

Buy the way, I bought the Biltema wheels. I didn't stop to consider the rear wheel is for an 8 speed cassette. My cassette is 9 speed. I removed the second smallest sprocket and it fit on, but I may need to return the wheel and get the correct one for a 9 speed cassette.

I'd prefer this I think than changing the stops on the rear mech.

This bike is identical to mine so if you see me, please give a wave. I'll be out again most mornings this week.

Kuva

Wacky

Actually the Biltema one is for 7-speed cassettes as 8, 9 and 10 speed cassettes all fit the same freehub body.

Shimano (or compatible) cassette widths:
7-speed 31,9 mm
8-speed 35,4 mm
9-speed 36,5 mm
10-speed 37,2 mm

As you can see the three are very close to the same width, but the 7-speed standing out quite a bit.

David

Actually the Biltema one is for 7-speed cassettes

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I cannot see that they sell a wheel for 8,9,10 speed cassette at all.

Wacky

David kirjoitti:

Actually the Biltema one is for 7-speed cassettes

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I cannot see that they sell a wheel for 8,9,10 speed cassette at all.

I think you are correct in that. XXL-sporting goods store sells wheels, but I'm not sure they'll be a lot cheaper than a bike shop.

David

XXL-sporting goods store sells wheels

I think 80 euro for a back wheel per their website. I'll give Planet Bike a call I think.

David

I visited Planet Bike. The mechanic wanted to sell me a Shimano HG50 9 speed cassette for euro 45, saying it will fit the 7 speed hub. I am not convinced. The HG50 9 speed is euro 30 at Biltema.

I may go to Biltema and try one on a wheel there. Surely my 9 speed Sram cassette has the same width as the Shimano.

Had a long lunch at Haltia today. A 50 km return ride to/from Mankkaa. Great food and nice environment. The paths are excellent once out of the built up area. Some path maintenance going on along Espoonväylä.

On the return leg I met the fellow I saw on Monday. Tatu who rides a Nazca Gaucho.

The recumbent gets the same responses from pedestrians, drivers and other cyclists the same as in Brisbane. Interest, smiles and laughter. Children of course, give the most unreserved comments (positive).

Wacky

Sram and Shimano 9-speed cassettes are the same width as you suspected.
Biltema may sell the wheel as 7-speed, but it could still be a 8,9 and 10-speed hub with a spacer for 7-speed cassettes. I think bought one some years back and it had a spacer ring for 7-speed cassettes so it would take higher speed cassettes happily.

I hope you can make it to our group rides/event on Friday, Saturday and Sundays street race.
The rides start and finish on the wrong side of town for you, as we most people are staying at Rastila Camping which over in Vuosaari, Helsinki.
On Friday we roll out at 12
On Saturday we're heading for Helsinki Velodrome so we'll be there around 11
Sunday we're having a street race in Sompasaari, southern tip of it starting around 10.30

David

A friend will lend me his rear wheel tomorrow.
I saw 3 recumbents today.
A trike on the way into HEL. He was riding West along Kuusinsaarentie at about 16:40, then later, at about 21:30 another trike (female, blue shirt) and a fat 2-wheeler heading East. Was that you Richard on the fatbike/phatbike?

I'll try and get to the recumbent meet-up on Saturday (busy tomorrow and Sunday). So if I turn up at the velodrome https://goo.gl/maps/4grdO at 11:00?

Sauna at 19:00? :)

Wacky

That was me with the misses.
You'll find us at the Velodrome then and the sauna at 19

Vastaa Viestiin