Biking in Finland, English conversation.

Oletko kokenut pyörämatkailija vai suunnitteletko vasta ensimmäistä reissuasi? Täällä voit jakaa kokemuksia, raportoida matkoistasi tai hakea inspiraatiota ensi kesän suunnitelmiin.
Kiwifin

Biking in Finland, English conversation.

Viesti Kirjoittaja Kiwifin »

Hi All, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but anyway: does anyone have a link for long distance biking routes. For example biking from HKI to Kotka, or Hameenlinna, etc? Within the Helsinki regioni is fine, but further away I can't seem to find anything. Cheers

I moved this conversation under it's own topic so it can be found by other users also. T:Msk

Pieter

Re: Kriittinen pyöräretki

Viesti Kirjoittaja Pieter »

Hi Kiwifin,

This was probably not exactly the right thread indeed, so not to break it I'll reply in PM to you. :-)

Mustasudenkorento
Sisällöntuottaja

Re: Biking in Finland, English conversation.

Viesti Kirjoittaja Mustasudenkorento »

Hi Pieter and Kiwifin.

If you dont mind, you could share some of your converstion in this topic for others also.

Vastatuuli vihaa meitä... tahtoo alemmas....
http://kotisivu.suomi.net/mustasudenkorento/

Jarcco
Pistosuojattu sisällöntuottaja
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Jarcco »

I found this: http://www.pyoraillensuomessa.fi/en/node/31
Helsinki - Porvoo - Kotka - Lappeenranta, the Eastern King's Road, 322 km

Pieter

Viesti Kirjoittaja Pieter »

Indeed, pyoraillensuomessa.fi seems to be a website on the topic.

There's also
http://www.eurovelo.org/

Because there is hardly any bike roads in Finland, it's just a matter of finding a road map for cars and avoiding the highways. There are special maps for cyclists, but in my experience their information is often inaccurate and I don't even understand what's the advantage with those maps.

Hopea
Sisällöntuottaja

Viesti Kirjoittaja Hopea »

That series of cycling maps was created about 10 years ago by Finnish Road Administration, which determinated some roads "main bike routes" around Finland. You may be right, information on those maps is quite old and markings along those routes are old.

But when you find little brown cyclemark, there is one of those recommended biking routes. Good luck trying to follow the route...

Local tourist information offices usually know well routes in there area. You find good maps on Helsinki and Tampere area with cycle roads marked. Some other maps may also be found, Oulu area is well-known to be cycle-friendly area.

Sinner Demon 2026 2006-> Savenmaa Alku 2009-2012 HP Velotechnik Gekko FX 2012->

Vastaa Viestiin