Do you use the Headrest?

Käytätkö nojapyörää silloin tällöin työmatkoilla vai poljetko kenties kaikki ajosi nojapyörällä? Täällä voit keskustella aiheesta.
Kiwifin

Do you use the Headrest?

Viesti Kirjoittaja Kiwifin »

Hi All, I've just bought an old Challenge Wizard (my first recumbent / nojapyörä) and I find the headrest quite uncomfortable to use. I don't seem to be getting a sore / tired neck yet, so I don't know if I should be using the headrest or not. I'm only riding about 12km from home to work, so maybe that's not long enough to get tired?
I'd appreciate your thoughts.
Cheers, Brien

ajarmala
Sisällöntuottaja
Viesti:

Re: Do you use the Headrest?

Viesti Kirjoittaja ajarmala »

Kiwifin kirjoitti:

Hi All, I've just bought an old Challenge Wizard (my first recumbent / nojapyörä) and I find the headrest quite uncomfortable to use. I don't seem to be getting a sore / tired neck yet, so I don't know if I should be using the headrest or not. I'm only riding about 12km from home to work, so maybe that's not long enough to get tired?
Cheers, Brien

Hi Kiwifin, welcome to Lowride Cycling forum. About the headrest, I think it's only up to you to decide whether to use it or not. Only you know, how it feels with it and how it feels without it. Try riding five days to work with it and next week five days without. Maybe after doing that you know.

For myself and my Performer Agenda I really like the headrest: when you have a nice downhill, just lean back and relax... And the same applies also to Milan.

--
T. Ari
Helkama Kulkuri 14 (1990), Performer Agenda (2009), Insera Reflex (2010), Milan SL (2012), Yosemite 20" Folding (2014), Rossano cyclocross (2018)

mhelander
Pistosuojattu sisällöntuottaja

Re: Do you use the Headrest?

Viesti Kirjoittaja mhelander »

Kiwifin kirjoitti:

Hi Brien and welcome to forum,

I rode my M5 lowracer without headrest over a year. It had stock size-M seat which is little small for me and thus pushed my shoulders and neck little upward which was comfortable enough even when seat's reclined to approximately 20 degree.

In my MetaPhysic is correct size-L (Velocraft) seat and when reclined to same angle no way I could ride longer without headrest. Currently both my RWD bents have same kind of seats and home made non-adjustable headrests.

I have quite bad back and neck so comfort is mandatory and one reason I'm not riding at all uprights anymore and reason behind my interest to recumbents as I truly enjoy bicycling.

My latest bent, Cruzbike Vendetta clone, has also same seat and headerst, and to ride it comfortably and straight line requires headrest. Anything lifted up from seat pretty much kills stability. That's part of bike's geometry and nature as FWD-MBB.

-Mika

Käytössä: omavalmisteet Evo off-roader @ 2015 & Vendetta kopio @ 2012, tehtaalta M5 CrMo Lowracer @ 2010
Myydyt: Proto off-roader omavalmiste @ 2012-2016, MetaPhysic (26"/29er & 700c) @ 2011-2017.

Vastaa Viestiin